Go here to see specific job listings and to apply.
We appreciate your interest in the Multnomah Education Service District. Below is a guide to help you understand our application process and assist you in the successful completion of your application. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
All job postings require the following information to be included in the online application.
IMPORTANT! Please read the information below. Applications will only be accepted for posted positions.
- Applications must be completed using the Northwest Regional ESD/Multnomah ESD online application process.
- The application and pre-employment background questions on the application must be completed before an individual is officially considered an applicant.
- Resumes and cover letters are not accepted in lieu of a completed application; therefore, you must upload them to your online application.
- All application materials become the property of the Northwest Regional ESD/Multnomah ESD and will not be returned to the applicant.
- You will be contacted directly if you are invited to attend a registration session.
- Please Note: Portland Public School District
registers their own on-call teachers.
Contact them at (503) 916-4000 or on the web at www.pps.k12.or.us for more information.
Once a position has been filled, unsuccessful candidates may not receive status updates or notice that a position has been filled. If you have not heard from us within 2-3 weeks, you can assume that the position has been filled.
Being hired as a substitute is a decision that is made by NWRESD/MESD Substitute Management Services in conjunction with the various school district offices we support. The district office is the final word on all substitute hiring. Any and all open positions will be posted on our current "Job Openings" page. If there are not open positions posted at the time you are inquiring, please feel free to check back often. Substitutes will be hired only when open positions are posted.
Please review all information here as it will answer many of the questions substitute candidates have.